Varieties of hosting solutions
A hosting service pertains to stockpiling and/or sharing specific web content on a hosting server administered by a hosting company. There are various varieties of hosting services used for different ends, so let's review these. In that way, you can pick what you want, on the basis of whether you'd like to build a web portal, e-mailbox accounts, or to share files with comrades and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service delivered by various file storage providers, which lets you share large files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived files, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only aim is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web files in your browser. Free-of-charge file storage plans frequently include ads by the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a specific span of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you get a paid file storage plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting wholesalers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely amiss interpretation of the literal meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would divide the workload between independent stacks of servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving different web site hosting services (email, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, site hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is just a kind of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; certain providers provide a hosting service for pictures only. This hosting variant is suitable if you desire to share a huge number of pictures with mates or partners since the service is mostly free. You will obtain a random link for each and every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution devoted to managing your email aliases. Some suppliers offer web hosting services for websites, but do not provide an e-mail service. If you would like to open an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to own a web site, then the email hosting service is what you need. You can set up e-mail box accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a particular video file, or you can embed the video in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video file produces a particular amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of video files and several hundred site viewers, you may have trouble with your web hosting quotas. Embedding the video file will enable you to keep as many videos as you desire without bothering about system resources.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you need if you desire to possess a web site. To a certain extent, it contains all of the aforementioned hosting groups since, along with your websites, you can also host pics and files, you can keep databases and e-mailbox accounts, upload video files, and so on. At K-RENEE WEB HOSTING STUDIO, for instance, you can see web hosting and dedicated web server hosting solutions that permit you to get all of the abovementioned solutions in one location. There may be limits based on the sort of hosting solution that you've chosen - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web space hosting account may be better or worse compared with the ordinary email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are designed for specific content only.